Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Why I Am Who I Am

I have been asked a lot lately about why I do not do certain things, watch certain things, and act the way I do. My answer to those questions are here.

Why am I who I am?


I am who I am because of Christ in me.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

My life is no longer mine. When I made the decision to follow Christ and accept His free gift of salvation, my life no longer was mine. I no longer have be a slave to sin. I have been forgiven of my sins and now can live in the victory of overcoming sin and living a life of service to the one and only God! What greater life and purpose can one have? 

My answer to the question of why I am who I am, is probably not the answer that most want to hear. Without fault, I can say that if I did not have Christ living in me, I would be a different person. I would be a slave to the world and all that encompasses it. I would be wandering, like in a desert, with no foreseen water. This is why I am who I am. I cannot imagine a life of uncertainty, fear, and trying to find pleasure and satisfaction in the world, when only the world can give pleasure and satisfaction temporarily. If you feel like you are lost in the lies of the world please seek the One who can pull you out of slavery and darkness into His glorious light!

Living a life of service
Is my calling
My passion and desire
My goal
Me
 Because of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment