Monday, May 21, 2012

Without Him

Romans 12:9-21
1) Let love be without hypocrisy. Be Genuine.
2) Abhor what is evil. Hate Evil.
3) Cling to what is good. Love Good.
4) Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
Love one another as part of your family.
     a) not lagging in diligence, Be Diligent and Hardworking.
     b) fervent in spirit, Be Enthusiastic and Passionate.
     c) serving the Lord; Serve. 
     d) rejoicing in hope, Rejoice! Have Confidence in the Lord.
     e) patient in tribulation, Be Patient in every circumstance.
     f) continuing steadfastly in prayer; Pray always.
     g) distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. Welcome and take care of others in need.
5) Bless those who persecute you; Bless.
6) Bless and do not curse. Do not Curse.
7) Rejoice with those who rejoice, and Rejoice with others!
8) Weep with those who weep. Weep with others.
9) Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not consider yourself better than others. 
10) Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not care what others think, associate with those who are less fortunate.
11) Do not be wise in your own opinion. Do not be conceited.
12) Repay no one evil for evil. Look at #5. Bless.
12) Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. Bless All.
14) If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, Be Peaceable.
15) Do not avenge yourselves, but rather Do not "get even."
16) Give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”says the Lord. Therefore
                                                      “If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
                                                        If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
                                                        For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”  If you treat your enemy by blessing them and by taking care to be kind, He will be ashamed of his behavior and hopefully see Christ in you.
17) Do not be overcome by evil, but Do not allow evil to overwhelm you and bog you down.
18) Overcome evil with good. Use good to defeat evil.

The closer I am getting to leaving for China, the more excited/nervous I become. I ask myself, "How do I serve those who do not know Christ without mentioning Him?"
As a Christian, these things listed above from Romans 12 is what we are called to do. I am called to do. Others will know that I am a Christian by doing those things above.
That is how I serve; by being genuine, caring for those around me, being hardworking, passionate, etc.  Yet, I cannot do those things without a faith and assurance in God. He alone sustains me and works through me. (Galations 2:20) 

None of those things can happen without Him.
With God all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)


Without Him I could do nothing
Without Him I'd surely fail
Without Him I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

Jesus, O Jesus
Do you know Him today
Do not turn Him away
O Jesus, O Jesus
Without Him, how lost I would be!

Without Him I could be dying
Without Him I'd be enslaved
Without Him life would be hopeless
But with Jesus, Thank God
I'm Saved!

Jesus, O Jesus
Do you know Him today
Do not turn Him away
O Jesus, O Jesus
Without Him, how lost I would be!

1 comment:

  1. Romans 12 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible.

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete