Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Goodbyes. This past week has been nothing but goodbyes for me. I do not look forward to saying goodbye all over again come August, but I am very excited to see where God leads, no matter the goodbyes that have to come. 

Saying goodbye is not easy. Goodbye could mean "See you later," "I may not ever see you again," "See you soon,"etc. The uncertainty that lies ahead is not to be worried about. God knows exactly who I will see again on this earth. I have a joy; even though I will not see some ever again in this life here, I know that if they have accepted Christ as their Savior, I will see them again. How awesome is that!
Each and every person that I have met have been very special to me. I know I do not get to tell each one of you goodbye or thank you, but know that I will miss you all dearly and whether you know it or not, you have impacted my life for the better in Christ ( I am referring to all of you reading this). 

My Aunt and Uncle wrote this in their newsletter, "If goodbye were easy to say then I think it would mean we hadn’t truly been present." Every moment that God gives us to be together should be one that is treasured and a moment that we fully invest ourselves in. If it was not easy to say goodbye then we know that we have not invested in that moment or time. 

Spend every moment, living in the moment, cherishing the memories, and thanking God for every one of them.  


God be with you till we meet again
By His counsels guide uphold you
With His sheep securely fold you
God be with you till we meet again

Till we meet, Till we meet
Till we meet, at Jesus feet.
Till we meet, Till we meet,
God be with you till we meet again.

God be with you till we meet again
'Neath His wings protecting hide you, 
Daily manna still provide you,
God be with you till we meet again

God be with you till we meet again
When life's perils thick confound you
Put His arms unfailing round you,
God be with you till we meet again



No comments:

Post a Comment